ONLINE CONSENT PORTAL –https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Phase 1, The parent page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
• When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
• Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the 7 activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
1. Freshgrade (online tool)-not all teachers use Freshgrade and not required at Colwood at this time.
2. GAFE (Student Access to Google Apps for Education)
3. Media Release
4. KEV School Cash Online-great tool to be used more in Middle and High schools but we can begin to collect funds for things like agendas, grad hoodies, field trips etc. Eliminating the need for cash and cheques. More info on that process to come.
5. Short (Walking) Field Trips
6. Internet Access –
- Aboriginal Education Self Identification form
When do the Consents expire?
• Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and FreshGrade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates.
• Some consents last one school year
• The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – go to: https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 2 – Add your email address
Step 3 – A verification number will be sent your email address within a couple minutes. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 4 – Enter the verification number
Step 5 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 250-478-2332, email@example.com or in person in the front office. I’m happy to assist you when I can.
Hello Colwood Families!
We hope you and your children enjoyed a fabulous summer! We are looking forward to welcoming your child back to school next week.
Please be advised that the first day of school will be on Tuesday September 5th for only a half day with early dismissal at 11:36am.
Regular classes will begin on Wednesday Sept 6th with first bell at 8:25am and dismissal at 2:36pm. Please provide your child with a snack on the first day as they will be going outside for recess.
Students are to return to last year’s classroom until the district approves final class configurations.
New students attending Colwood Elementary should go to the library.,next to the school office,where they will be shown to their classroom.
Kindergarten students are to refer to the information mailed out to them in June or call the office for further clarification.
See you soon!
Colwood PAC would like to thank our wonderful sponsors for their contribution to our Playground Fund.
- West Shore Lions Club
- Saunders Family Foundation
- Westshore Crime Prevention
- Jim Pattison Subaru Victoria
- Saffron Window Fashion & Design
- Seafirst Insurance (Westshore)
- CBI Health Group – Westshore
- West Bay Mechanical
- Chris Flint
- His Kids Childcare
- House of Nutrition
- Silver Knight Heating LTD
- Juan De Fuca Veterinary Clinic LTD
- Dr. David A. Schaafsma Optometric Corporation
- Corona Foods
- Sunshine group Daycare Centre Inc.