Effective Monday November 29th, Colwood Strong Start will be back up and running.
Suzanne Miner will be the facilitator. Welcome Suzanne.
The new hours will be 12:15pm-2pm.
Sign up here: Colwood Strong Start
PURDYS CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISER 2021
Hello Colwood Families,
It is that time of the year, time to do some yummy Christmas shopping! We would like to give you the opportunity to give friends and family delicious chocolate all the while supporting Colwood PAC. This fundraiser is all online through the PURDYS site and we will not be accepting cash or cheques at the school.
To Order Online
- Go to Purdys https://group.purdys.com/login.aspx
- Sign in as a Returning Customer or register as a New Customer
- Register as a Member
- Customer Number #18444
- To view the catalogue click on the SHOP ONLINE icon at the top of the page.
- On the next page choose the USE MARKETPLACE option.
- Please make sure to include your Child’s Name and Division Number/Teacher on the online order form. Also make sure any family members ordering also have this information on their order. To do this click on EDIT beside Ordering for: (YOUR NAME) add the information to the additional information field UPDATE. We will now see your child’s information when we print the report and sort your chocolate.
- Fill your bag with goodies then PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.
Please have COMPLETED orders submitted online by NOVEMBER 29th, 2021. Chocolates will be delivered to your child the week of DECEMBER 13th, 2021.
Thank you for your support!
The holiday season is fast approaching, which means it’s time for our annual holiday card fundraiser. Each class will create a piece of art for this project. Though you won’t get a chance to see the art before orders are due, I can assure you that these cards always come out amazingly well! Each set of 8 cards will be $12. If you would like to purchase any cards, please go to hotlunches.net and place and pay for your order by Wednesday November, 10th. The exact timing will be dependent on the printer, but we’re hoping to have the cards sent home the last week of November or first week of December.
If you have another child not attending Colwood and would like a set of cards made for them, please contact us via email and we can make that happen!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
ONLINE CONSENT PORTAL –https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Phase 1, The parent page – This is where parents log in to provide and/or review consents for their children.
• When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
• Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the 8 activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
1. Health Check responsibility
2. GAFE (Student Access to Google Apps for Education)
3. Media Release
4. KEV School Cash Online-great tool to be used to collect funds for school payments. To be rolled out throughout the year. Currently used in Middle and High schools.
5. Short (Walking) Field Trips. This is important for Royal Roads visits which occur often for our students.
6. Internet Access –
7.Aboriginal Education Self Identification form
8. Freshgrade (online tool)-Colwood teachers will be starting to use this tool throughout the year.
When do the Consents expire?
• Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and FreshGrade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates.
• Some consents last one school year
• The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – go to: https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 2 – Add your email address
Step 3 – A verification number will be sent your email address within a couple minutes. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 4 – Enter the verification number
Step 5 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 250-478-2332, firstname.lastname@example.org or in person in the front office. I’m happy to assist you when I can.
We have had some questions regarding the use of masks while picking up students at Colwood. Just so everyone is in the loop, we at Colwood are following the guidance of the Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings (Link: Attachment 3 – Provincial COVID-19 Health Safety Guidelines for K-12 Settings_November 17 2020 – DRAFT (gov.bc.ca)) and the SD62 expectations (Link: September 2021 | Sooke School District (sd62.bc.ca)). In these guidelines, it says that all K-12 staff, 4-12 students, and visitors must be masked when inside the school, with certain exceptions, but there is no expectations for outside masking at this time.
Please note, however, that these are the current expectations. As we know from the past year, adaptability and being responsive are important as we work through the government and local expectations.
Thank you for asking the questions,
Please see the attached for the list of school supplies by grade.
Please note that additional items may be required once your child is settled into their new class.
Please see the attached for next year’s school calendar
Show your School spirit with our new Spirit Wear.
Order through https://www.hotlunches.net
Prices include tax.
Order deadline is Feb 5th, 2021
Merchandise link here: Spirit Wear
Colwood’s Strong Start Program is open Monday to Friday from 09:00 until 11:00.
Please use the Strong Start entrance at the front of the school.
4 families are welcomed to pre-register
Effective October 2020, be sure to do the following:
- Pre-registration up to 48 hours in advance is required, you can sign up through: https://jump.sd62.bc.ca/strong_start_colwood_bookings
- Only one adult to attend per grouping, maximum of 3 children per adult.
- Adults must wear masks when on the premises at all times.
- Refer to the daily check-in list before attending.
- Physical distancing is required.
- Food brought in, must be brought out. Bring your own water.
- Hand washing is mandatory upon each entry into the building.
Strong start brochure can be viewed here:
Now open for ordering!
See attached for further info!